Sunday, September 30, 2012

My first attempt with Zeal deck

So i went down to my local shop for a tournament today. I used my zeal deck as i wanted to see its potential. Here is how it went

5 round swiss then cut to top 8

round 1 vs DOTE
Clearly he was not very experienced as he attacked my rear guard when he had an additional crit on his burning horn dragon. If he had not done many mistake, i might have been in trouble. But i activated the most imba limit break and made his DOTE suffer the galactic beast.

round 2 vs Pale moon
I miss graded at grade 2. So i did my best to deal as much damage as possible with my rear guards. I was loosing when i suddenly saw a light from my deck. It was the 6th damage and it was a heal trigger. I was like "i need a miracle" and i drew miracle beauty! I twin drive for a draw and a stand trigger ftw!

round 3 vs Tachi
I finally pulled of the chain ride for once. rushed him alot during early game and he healed at the 6th damage. But the next turn i activated limit break and he was unable to guard against a force of galactic beast's army.

round 4 vs DOTE
He miss grade at grade 0. so he conceded.

round 5
did not play.

top 8 vs Dimensional police(Daiyusha)
game 1- he was a genius and did not attack my vanguard. so i was at 3 damage and he was at 5. he guarded for 2 pass. I twin drive checked 2 triggers and i gave the effect of all into the middle.
game 2- His great daiyusha was just too strong with commander trolaurel. cant guard it anymore so i just scooped
game 3 - He went into genius mode again by attacking my 7000 rear guard when he had double crit. so i just beat him down slowly with my drive check checking stand triggers. But if he attacked my vanguard, it would have been a horrible death for him lol.

top 4 vs Dimensional police(Daiyusha)
game 1-Limit break twice during the game. His hand was not big enough to guard as he had 5 damage already due to my early game rush.
game 2-  Did not have zeal in my hand all the while and miracle beauty as VG is bad. so I cant keep up against Great daiyusha.
game 3- I checked stand when he guarded for no pass. He was at 4 damage. so it gave me the extra damage to kill him using my limit break the next turn. also i was lucky that he did not check any triggers or i would have lost before i could end the game.

Top 2 vs DOTE(ironic)
game 1- miss graded at grade 0
game 2- regular DOTE overpowering me. did not ride zeal as vg again and lost horribly.

But overall i think zeal is a very good deck. If given a good hand, it can beat any deck. I bought EB03 box from the winner at half price and got an SP inside hahaha! totally worth it. Well, i would like to end the post by saying Its good that VG is getting more fun now, rather than everyone playing DOTE, there are better option now.


No comments :

Post a Comment