Monday, July 29, 2013

Team League 2013 Report ( OPEN qualifier)

Hi, this post is kind of late but we'll still be doing it. On the 6th July, the open qualifier for Team League 2013 was held. So Me ( Paddy) , CP and David went to participate. Since BT09 was finally allowed to be used, I played Goddess of the Sun. CardProtaganist played MLB while David played DOTE. Here is the tournament report for that the day, be prepared to be amazed by what GOTS can do in the English Format. My memory is kind of hazy so I will just report on my matches , heres how it went

Round 1 VS  DOTE(Win)

Totally owned the field with my CEO boosted by milk , hitting crossrides number all day, when the opponent finally crossed I followed, ended the game with a Silent Tom, shooting down the mighty DOTE.
Team Result OOO

Round 2 VS Palemoon(Win)

He was playing a Stand build which was expected, I missed grade 3 for 2 turns. When I finally drew CEO I thought the game was well over. CardProtaganist lost his round while David won his. This round's outcome was going to be determined by my match. I was certain that i was going to lose, however my deck never gave up. Almost won the round but he death healed. Then, we reached the crucial point of the game, I had 4 damage with only 15k shield in my hand left, his rearguard was hitting me for 10k guard which I guarded. I daringly took the vanguard, he didn't check a trigger but instead he checked a grade 3, activating his Sarah and Fire juggler effect. I damaged check, it was a DRAW trigger, VICTORY MAKER!!!!!! I drew into a 5k shield, just sufficient for me to protect myself from his Lucky Herald which restood. His other rearguard attacked my CEO rearguard. I top decked another one, 3 CEO's on the field, defeated Sarah and won me the Game!!!
Team Result OXO

Round 4 VS DOTE(Win)

During the previous turn, he allowed me to limit break with GOTS. I checked my thin deck of 5 cards, for a card no triggers left. I took a perfect guard. He attacked me with his DOTE, and I used a perfect guard and everything I had to guard. I drew for my turn, with a deck size of 3, I attacked him for 20k 2 pass,which he was unable to guard. He took the 6th damage and lost. 
Team Result OOO

Round 5 VS MLB(Lose)

This game, my deck couldnt stand up to MLB. My other team mates carried me up.
Team Result XOO

Top 4 VS DOTE AGAIN(Win)

Fought countless number of DOTES today, I went with my milk and CEO combo, healed a number of times due to CEO's skill of allowing me to check for triggers. He opened a critical on me when I was at 4 damage, luckily I left him at equal damage so I managed to heal when I checked a heal as my 5th damage. Finished him with silent tom.
Team Result OOX

FINALS vs DOTE(WIN)

This game didn't really matter since we already made it. I had 5 cards left in the deck. I attacked him with GOTS, he healed the last turn so he was at 4 damage. He counted my triggers and realized that I had used 14. He declared no guard and told me that if I drew a critical trigger he would lose the match. I look through all my cards. Thought for a while, before I drived check, I declared a double critical which would be two oracle guardian Nike. CardProtagonist who was beside me was stunned. He was in disbelief and so was my opponent. I went on with my Twin drive and showed him double oracle guardian Nike as predicted. Won the game!!!!!
Team Result OOO

 So we emerged champions for the open qualifier!!!! We won the open qualifier without losing a single round. Glory for Ninja Master M!!!!! Armaterasu proved her strength as a DOTE slayer. WON ALL OF MY DOTE MATCHES ! Never expected it! We earned the right to participate the next day against the entire REGION!!! Totally PSYCHED about it!!! -Paddy =)

No comments :

Post a Comment